Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas in the E.R.
So anyways, this Christmas was not what I expected. I ended up in the E.R. for the day. It started out on Tues 12/23. I have had alot of headaches the past week and so while at work I decided to take my blood pressure per my moms advice. I did and it was really high. People at work thought I should go to the E.R. so I did. They did a CAT scan and spinal tap and eveything came out good. The Dr. thought the headaches were stress related which then gave me high blood pressure. So I got to go home that night. On Wed. I woke up from an afternoon nap with my head pounding when I sat up. That continued through Christmas morning. I decided to go back to the E.R where they diagonsed me with a spinal headache. They ran a caffeine drip and gave me pain meds. That didn't help so they did a blood patch on the hole in my back from the spinal tap. That worked almost immediately. I then got to go home a couple hours later. So needless to says Christmas kind of sucked. The girls opened their presents and had fun playing but I couldn't play with them. I am feeling better now and hopefully stop stressing out. It seems life has so many stresses, but I need to focus on the people and things that give me joy !! Merry Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so sorry that all that happened. I hope that you take it easy and quit having those headaches. Your little girls are getting so big. I love to look at your blog to see what's happening. Love ya, Aunt Julie
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the blog...Pop's
ReplyDelete