Monday, March 23, 2009
Water Water Everywhere !!!
So this past week has been very busy. Last Sunday I woke up to Dan yelling "CALL WATER DISASTER" as he runs out the back door. I ran into the kitchen where I saw the BIG problem. The water heater valve broke and was spraying water everywhere. Dan had to crawl under the house to turn off the valve. Thank God he was home. I wouldn't of had a clue. In the meantime I called a 24 hour emergency service and the guy was on his way. We got the water soaked up but alot got under the house. So when the service guy got here they pulled out all the wet installation under the house and put in about 6 fans to help dry it. After we heard all the noise from the fans and realized we had NO running water we decided to stay at a hotel. So off for a mini vacation !!!!! We went to The Nugget since the pool is awesome. The girls had lots of fun. And they enjoyed room service. We stayed there another night and then decided a hotel was nice but we needed a kitchen to cook decent food for the girls. So we ended up staying at The Marriott. Our insurance company booked and payed for it along with reimbursing us from The Nugget. We also got money to make all the repairs. So finally the following Sunday we were able to move back in. Thanks Goodness ! Home Sweet Home. As far as the water heater we ended up getting a tankless one. I guess it only heats when you need it but can run 2 showers or appliances without getting cold...EVER !!! Pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jaymie,
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on Emily's blog. Yes, we had our baby on Tuesday, March 24th at 7:58 am. I started having sontractions on Monday night and my blood pressure was really high. After I got to the hospital and hooked up to the moniters, I started having contractions and dialating. THey kept me overnight and Tuesday morning did the C-Section. We named her Katelyn Jane Fredric and call her Katey.